友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!阅读过程发现任何错误请告诉我们,谢谢!! 报告错误
八万小说网 返回本书目录 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 进入书吧 加入书签

著迷英语900句-第8部分

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



: People shouted and ran in every direction。 人们一边喊叫一边向四面八方跑;
: Then there was silence; the sun; the blue sky; and a rainbow。 然后一切平静下来; 天空中又出现
了太阳、蓝天; 还有一道彩虹。
: I admire Claire。 我真羡慕克蕾尔。
: She works all day and goes to school at night。 她白天上一天的班; 晚上还要去读书。
: She knows where she’s going and what she wants; and she’s willing to work for it。 她掌握了人生
的方向和目标; 而且肯为达到目标而努力。
: Am I? 我能吗?
: In my first job; I was secretary。 我第一份工作是当秘书;
: When I married my husband; I quit。 结婚以后我就辞职了。
: After I left him; I went back to the same office。 离开丈夫以后就回到同一个公司;
: I never thought about other possibilities。 我始终没有考虑走别的路。
: When I came here; I got a job right away。 当我来到这里以后; 马上有了工作。
: I was happy with anything。 那个时候我一点也不挑剔; 对任何事情都感到很快乐。
: Now I’d like a change。 而现在我却想换一个环境。
: First things first。 首先最重要的是;
: What skills do I have? 我有些什么技能?
: OK。 I can do anything。 是的; 我什么都能作。
: Anything? 什么都能做吗?
: Yes; anything。 是; 我什么事都能做。
: e on now; Laura。 Be realistic。 罗拉; 你不要这样子了; 面对现实点吧!
: All right; almost anything。 好吧; 差不多什么都能做。
: I can speak; read; and write English and Spanish。 我能说、读、写英文和西班牙文;
: I can run an office。 我能负责办公室的一切事务。
: I’m friendly and petent。 我又合群又能干;
: Uh。。。 there must be more。 嗯。。。 一定还有;
: Oh; yes; I type and take shorthand in two languages。 对了; 我有两种语言的打字和速记技能。
: Well; then; if you can do all that; 那么; 你既然有这些技能;
: you don’t have to work for the Mr。 Crawfords of the world! 就不必要替郭佛先生这种人工作!
: But; what will I do; then? 那么我将要怎么做呢?
: Well; what kind of job would you like? 你想要怎么样的工作?

着迷英语900 句
: Do you want to work in an office again? 你愿不愿意再到办公室去工作? 
: There’s so much to think about。 要考虑的事情可真多! 
第四集
MICHAEL: Good…bye; Miguel。 Nice meeting you。 Good…bye; Marta。 Thanks for ing。 米盖尔再
见; 很高兴认识你。 玛它再见; 谢谢你的光临。
MARTA: Bye。 Don’t forget our English lesson on Wednesday。 再见; 星期叁补习英文; 你可不要
忘了!
MICHAEL: I won’t。 I’ll be there。 And why don’t you e; too; Miguel? 放心好了; 我会来的; 米
盖尔你也来; 好不好?
MIGUEL: Thank you。 I will。 And thank you for inviting me to the party。 It was a lot of fun。 谢谢;
我会来的; 谢谢你邀请我参加宴会。 我玩得很开心。
MARTA: Thank you again; Michael。 I’ll see you next Wednesday。 Joana; it was a pleasure meeting
you。 麦可; 谢谢你; 下星期叁见。 琼娜; 很高兴认识你。
JOANA: Thank you。 It was a pleasure meeting you and Miguel。 谢谢; 很高兴认识你和米盖尔。
ALL: Good night。 晚安!
MICHAEL: Well。好了;
MICHAEL: Let’s sit down for a few minutes。 我们坐一会吧。
MICHAEL: I can clean up later。 我等一会再清理。
JOANA: No; let me help you。 不; 让我来帮你忙。
MICHAEL: No; that’s all right。 I can do it by myself in the morning。 不必; 没关系; 明天早上我可
以自己清理。
JOANA: It was a very nice party。 It’s too bad Paulo had to work late。 宴会很成功; 可惜保罗必须
加班。
MICHAEL: Yes; it is; but I’m glad you had a good time。嗯; 很可惜! 不过; 我很高兴你玩得很开心。
JOANA: I liked your friends。 我喜欢你的朋友。
MICHAEL: They liked you; too。 I could tell。 As a matter of fact; you made everybody feel
fortable。 他们也喜欢你。
我看得出来; 事实上; 你使大家都感到很自在。
JOANA: That’s easy。 You’re a great host。 那很容易; 你是个出色的主人。
MICHAEL: Well; you’re a pretty good hostess。 那么; 你是个很棒的女主人了;
MICHAEL: I was tired of giving parties by myself。 我自己办宴会都办累了。
JOANA: You know; when I was a teenager; 知道吗? 我在少女时代
JOANA: I used to go to parties all the time。 经常参加聚会。
JOANA: I enjoyed myself every minuteparties; dances; boys。 我一天到晚玩得非常开心; 参加聚
会; 去跳舞; 交男朋友。
MICHAEL: It sounds like fun。 听来蛮有趣的。
JOANA: It was。 I used to live from dance to dance。 真的很好玩; 一个舞会结束了; 我就开始期待
着下一个;
JOANA: On the weekends; 到了周末;
JOANA: Paulo and I never used to be home。 我和保罗根本就不惯于待在家里。

着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: Paulo? I don’t believe it。 保罗? 真难以置信;
MICHAEL: I thought he worked all the timelike my brother。 我还以为他只懂得工作; 就像我哥
哥一样。
JOANA: Your brother? I didn’t know you had a brother。 你哥哥? 我还不知道你有一个哥哥。
MICHAEL: It’s a long story。 一言难尽。
JOANA: We have time。 我们有的是时间。
MICHAEL: OK。 How about a cup of coffee? Then I’ll tell you about myself。 好; 要不要喝杯咖啡?
然后我告诉你一些关于我自己的事。
JOANA: Let me help。我来帮忙。
MICHAEL: No。 That’s OK。 This kitchen is too small for two。 Look around。 Make yourself at home。
不; 我来就可以了。 这个厨房太小; 不能容纳两个人。 到处随便看看; 不要拘束。
PAULO: Do you remember my idea for an art petition at the Fair? 记不记得我在万博会举行艺
术比赛的构想?
JOANA: Yes。 How did they like it? 记得; 他们的反应如何?
PAULO: Very much。 In fact; we’re starting the project immediately。 And guess who’s in charge? 非
常好; 事实上我们
立刻就要展开活动。 而且; 你猜谁来负责?
JOANA: I don’t know。 I give up。 我不晓得; 我不猜。
PAULO: You give up too easily。 Your brother! Who else? 你太容易放弃了。 是你大哥! 还会是谁?
JOANA: Congratulations; Paulo! Now maybe you can take a few days off。 恭喜你了; 保罗! 现在;
你或许可以休息几天了。
JOANA: You work harder than anyone else in that office。 那个办公室里; 没有一个人像你这么努
力工作。
PAULO: Joana; 琼娜;
PAULO: you don’t take time off when you want a promotion。 一个人如果想进升的话; 就不能请假。
JOANA: You even eat more quickly than you used to。 你连吃饭都比以前吃得快。
PAULO: Hey; I didn’t ask for a lecture! 嘿! 我没要你来教训我。
JOANA: I’m sorry; Paulo。 I think it’s wonderful。 Now tell me about the petition。 What are the
rules? Can Michael enter? 对不起; 保罗; 我想那是很美妙的; 告诉我一些关于这个比赛的事;
有些什么规则? 麦可可不可以参加?
PAULO: Michael Crawford? 麦可·郭佛?
JOANA: Sure。 是啊;
JOANA: He paints better than anyone I know。 他的画比我所认识的人画得都要好。
JOANA: When does the petition start? 比赛什么时候开始?
PAULO: We won’t announce the contest until Mr。 Crawford finishes the brochure。 我们等郭佛先生完
成册子; 再公布比赛。
JOANA: Oh; is he doing the brochure for you? 哦; 他帮你编小册子吗?
PAULO: Yes。 是的。
JOANA: What does his office look like? 他的办公室是什么样子?
PAULO: It’s large enough; and modern and businesslike。 And very formaltoo formal; perhaps。 Why
do you ask? 地方
很大; 很摩登很有条理; 而且十分正式太正式了。 也许你问这些干什么?

着迷英语900 句
JOANA: Just curious。 I’m trying to imagine Michael in that office。 只是好奇而已; 我试着想像; 麦可
坐在那个办公室里。
PAULO: What do you mean? 我不懂。
JOANA: Michael gave himself a deadline。 Either he does well this year; or he gives up art and goes
into business with his
father。 麦可为自己定下了一个期限。 他今年要是不成功的话; 就放弃艺术; 和他爸爸从事经商。
“PAULO: How well is ““well”“?” “要怎么样才算”“成功”“ 了呢?”
PAULO: How is he going to measure success? 他如何去衡量成败?
PAULO: Does he have to paint as well as the masters? 他是必需要画得和名画家一样好吗?
JOANA: I don’t really know。 But he has to prove something to himself。 我并不清楚; 反正; 他要向
自己证明一件事。
PAULO: Then this petition could be his big chance。 那么这个比赛可能是他的一个大好机会。
JOANA: Yes; it could。 是的; 将会是个大好机会。
: Gary; my brother。 Gary Whitney Crawford; Jr。 我哥哥瑞·小葛瑞·维特尼·郭佛;
: He looks just like me; you know; Joana。 At least he used to。 你知道的; 琼娜他和我长得一模一样;
至少以前很像。
: He’s eighteen months older than I am; but as kids we used to wear the same clothes and pretend we
were twins! 他比我大十八个月; 但是我们小的时候都穿同样的衣服; 假装我们是双胞胎。
: Gary was the greatest brother in the world; and in many ways; he was may father; too。 葛瑞是个全
世界最好的哥哥,在很多方面; 他也可作我爸爸。
: Dad didn’t have time for me。 我爸爸没有时间陪我;
: He was too busy。 他太忙碌了。
: Gary and I went to the same college; but that’s when things started to change。 我和葛瑞上同一间
大学; 可是到那个时候, 情况就开始转变了,
: He studied business。 他学商了。
: Why did he study business? 他为甚么学商业?
: Because my father wanted him to。 因为我爸爸要他这样做;
: He used to study night and day。 他日以继夜的念书;
: I studied art and worked hard at it。 我学艺术; 而且很用功。
: But I had time for my friends; too。 不过; 我还有时间和朋友在一起。
: Gary and I saw each other less and less。 我和葛瑞彼此见面的机会愈来愈少。
: When Gary graduated; he went to work for my father。 葛瑞毕业以后就到我爸爸的公司去作事。
: He stayed at the office until late at night。 他很晚才离开办公室;
: He kept to himself a lot。 不常和别人交谈。
: Like my father; Gary was always busy。 葛瑞像我爸爸一样; 一天到晚忙着。
: Then one night; Gary and my father had a terrible fight。 后来有一天晚上; 葛瑞和爸爸吵架; 吵得
惊天动地。
: The next morning Gary moved out。 第二天早上葛瑞就搬走了;
: We never saw him again。 我们以后再也没有看到他。
: About a year ago; a college friend of mine saw Gary in London。 大概一年以前,我大学时代的一个同
学在伦敦看到葛瑞。
: He was with a woman and a baby。 他和一个女的还有一个小孩在一起。

着迷英语900 句
: My friend was sure it was Gary。 我那个同学确定那是葛瑞;
: He never forgets a face。 他永远不会忘记那张脸。
: I would like to write about two people; a man and a woman。 我要写的是关于两个人; 一个男人和
一个女人的故事。
: They live quiet lives。 他们过着很平静的生活;
: When they go out into the street; no one asks for their autographs; but everyone in their profession
knows and respects
them。当他们出门在街上走的时候; 没有人要求他们的亲笔签名; 但是他们的同行都知道他们;
也都尊敬他们;
: They work as a team。 他们一起工作如同一个小组。
: The woman is a journalist。 女的是位新闻记者;
: The man is a photographer。 男的是位摄影师。
: They met on their first job。 他们是在担任第一份工作的时候认识的;
: They both worked for a famous picture magazine。 两个人同在一个有名的书刊杂志社作事。
: She wrote the articles; and he took the photographs。 她负责写文章; 而他负责照相片。
: The magazine sent them all over the world to cover important events。 杂志社派他们到世界各地去
采访重要的新闻;
: They won many awards and medals。 他们赢得了很多奖赏和徽章。
: One day the magazine went bankrupt。 有一天杂志社破产了;
: Many other magazines and newspapers offered them positions; 很多其他杂志社和报社都提供他
们工作的职位;
: but at this point the man and the woman decided to work independently。 但在这个时候; 他们决定
从事独立作业方式。
: She decided she wanted to write a book about her experiences at the magazine。 她决定写一本描述
她在书刊杂志社工作时的经过;
: He wanted to work on a photographic essay on bonsai。 他则想作一本盆栽的照片专集。
: For once; they did not worry about deadlines and editors。 他们首次可以不用为截稿日期和编辑
而烦恼。
: They enjoyed their work and grew professionally。 他们工作感到很愉快; 而逐渐崭露头角。
: Their books were successful。 他们的书都很畅销;
: When they finished their separate projects; 当完成了个别的计划之后;
: they decided to work as a team again。 他们决定再度合作。
: Now they are ready to go; day or night; on a moment’s notice。 现在他们随时准备出动;
: When there are earthquakes in Honduras; they are there。 当宏都拉斯发生大地震时; 他们在那里
采访;
: When there are battles in the Middle East; they are there。 当中东有战役时; 他们在那里访问;
: When there are local tragedies; they are there; too。 当地方发生悲惨事件时; 他们也在那儿采访。
: My parents are a great team。 我的父母就是这个伟大小组的成员。
: James Yamamoto 山本杰美斯
: Look at all those people。 看看那许多人;
: They all have good jobs and houses in the country。 他们都有很好的工作; 并且在乡下都拥有房子;
: OK。; maybe all of them don’t have houses in the country; but they probably have more than you。 好

着迷英语900 句
吧! 他们不一定每一个人都在乡下有房子; 但是或许他们拥有的比你还多。
: Laura; stop it。得了; 罗拉;
: Don’t feel so sorry for yourself。 不要为自己感到难过;
: Nobody likes to get out and look for a job。 没有一个人喜欢出来找工作;
: I’m getting depressed again。 我又情绪低落了;
: It’s time for a change。 该是换换环境了;
: Maybe I’ll meet someone in an elevator; and he’ll offer me a wonderful job。 也许我会在电梯里认
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 2 0
未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!